The Game Paris Awards are prizes that reward French games and the companies and professionals at their origin.
A real platform for international visibility, the Awards promote:
- French studios via the games nominated and the winners
- Excellent within the French industry capable of generating worldwide appeal
- The growth of export of French video games beyond our borders!
The games eligible for the prize are those that have appeared in France and abroad, between the 1st of October in the previous year and the 30th of September in the year of the prize. For this edition, the games eligible for the prize should therefore have appeared between the 1st of October 2011 and the 30th of September 2012.
The Game Paris Awards take place during a dedicated evening that welcomes distinguished members of the public (around 100 people) and selected participants (international buyers).
This year, the Game Paris Awards take place in the middle of the Game Paris week and on the evening before the Game Connection, Tuesday the 27th of November. For this new edition, a number of major changes have been made to create a greater international impact for the Game Paris Awards:
An international jury: the jury aims include 9 professionals from the industry from key geographies (the USA, Canada, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, China, the UK, Germany, and the Nordic countries). Members will include editors, journalists or lecturers. More information on the composition of the jury will be available soon.
New categories: Mobility – Browser games – Consoles and PC – Grand Prix. The categories have been modified to better correspond to the rapidly changing landscape of the industry. The Grand Prix will reward the jury’s favorite overall game.
The selection criteria are based on international recognition (these criteria are still being defined and are not definitive): Fame – “French Touch” – Visual Communication – Communication, Marketing and Press. These criteria will allow evaluation of the games submitted in a clearer and more precise fashion.
Game Paris Awards 2011
In 2011, the Game Paris Awards took the form of 4 prizes allocated by a panel of French judges, represented by the regional clusters: Capital Games, of course, but also Imaginove, PixLR, GameIN, AtlanGames and Gamesud.
20 games were nominated for the Game Paris Awards 2011 :
- Category – Consoles / PC / Mobile Consoles:
- Trackmania 2 (PC), From Dust (PC / XBLA / PSN), Rotastic (XBLA), Blocks That Matter (XBLA / PC), Red Johnson’s Chronicles (PSN)
- Category – Web / Online / Social :
- Pyramidville (Facebook), Amour Sucré (Online), Tara Duncan (Online / Facebook), My shops (Facebook), Bopler Games (Facebook)
- Category – Mobile / Tablet :
- Another World (iOS), Squids (iOS / Android), Burn it all (iOS), Dofus Battles (iOS), Mamba Nation Battle (iOS)
- Category – Grand Prix (French and Foreign):
- Tiny wings (iOS), Portal 2 (PC/PS3/Xbox 360), Rotastic (XBLA), The Witcher II (PC), JetPack Joyride (iOS)